For Tunnels: • LEDline® is Used for traffic guidance; • it can be used for Tunnel lighting; • to improve tunnel safety in the event of fire and smoke; • to control tunnel traffic speeds.
since 2009, LEDline® has been Used for traffic safety guidance lighting at the Bjørvika Tunnel in Oslo, Norway
- In 2009, LEDline® safety guidance lighting was installed in the ceiling of the Bjørvika Tunnel in Oslo, Norway. It is still functioning today. Each yellow LEDline® unit was installed next to the standard white tunnel lights, along with the entire spare tunnel ceiling. Its brightness outside and within the tunnel clearly demonstrates LEDline®'s safety guidance lighting ability to provide functional lighting levels in tunnels.
- Used as ceiling guidance, when the usual tunnel is blocked, sequencing lit LEDline® safety guidance units are used to guide traffic to an alternate tunnel. Therefore, as an emergency safety guidance lighting for drivers and vehicles, if there is an accident or other blockage of the tunnel and there is a requirement to change to the other clear tunnel, the LEDline® safety guidance lighting, would illustrate this by leading the traffic from the blocked tunnel to the open alternate tunnel next door.
- Every LEDline® safety guidance unit there has 12 x LEDs, is VDC powered by HIL-Tech's VDC power supply, and is individually computer-controlled with HIL-Tech's "Dynamic Effects Package".
- The units are controllable as to; the dimming of any individual unit to any level of brightness; having all units on, or some units on and others off; and of being able to sequence the LEDline® safety guidance units in any direction with any number or combination of LEDline® guidance units.
Below is a Video of the LEDline® Ceiling safety Traffic Guidance System in the Bjørvika Tunnel.
LEDline® could be used in Tunnels; • for tunnel lighting; • in the event of a fire and or smoke with difficult visibility: sequencing LEDline® could improve tunnel safety by leading people/drivers away from the fire and smoke, towards the exit; • to control tunnel speed or speeding: Those passing, or not keeping pace with "the remotely set speed" of the sequencing LEDline® safety guidance units, could be automatically ticketed.
How and why LEDline® could be used for tunnel lighting.
- A Single LEDline® Safety Guidance Unit Produces Some 1400 Lumens of Fully Useable Directed White Light, (Normally 6500K unless otherwise specified). In addition, a LEDline® Lamp, Including Its Mounting Plate, is only 28.5mm (1.1") high, therefore;